What is The DAISY Award?
The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses everyday. Mainland Medical Center is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner, recognizing three of our nurses with this special honor every quarter.
DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System. The DAISY Foundation was formed by the family of Patrick Barnes as a way to honor the nurses that provided quality and compassionate care to Patrick during the final stages of his battle with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP). Learn more about the Barnes family and the origination of the DAISY Foundation.
DAISY Award honorees personify Mainland Medical Center's dedication to the exceptional patient experience. These nurses consistently demonstrate excellence through their clinical expertise and extraordinary compassionate care, and they are recognized as outstanding role models in our nursing community.
How To Nominate An Extraordinary Nurse
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse by filling out the form below. To learn more about the program and its growing list of partners, please visit the DAISY Foundation.
Nominee InformationNominate an extraordinary nurse as a deserving recipient of The DAISY Award. This nurse's clinical skills and especially her/his compassionate care should exemplify the kind of nurse that our patients, their families, and our staff recognize as an outstanding role model. She/he consistently meets all of the following criteria:
- Goes above and beyond to care for the needs of the patient and family
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism
- Job performance exemplifies the mission, vision and values of Mainland Medical Center
- Is thoughtful, compassionate and caring in all situations
- Is energetic and passionate about patient care
- Takes time to educate and include the patient and family during the care process