The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Mainland Medical Center is focused exclusively on helping people regain their quality of life following an injury, medical event, surgery or disease that impairs their ability to care for themselves. We are committed to the highest level of excellence and quality in your care.
Specialized Rehab Programs
Our specialized programs offer inpatient rehabilitation for a range of conditions, including:
- Stroke (Stroke Rehabilitation)
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cardiovascular Diseases (Cardiac Rehabilitation)
- Deconditioning (loss of physical or mental functions associated with long periods of inactivity or bed rest)
- Hip Fractures
- Neuromuscular diseases (such as ALS, muscular dystrophy and myasthenia gravis)
- Neurological disorders (such as Parkinson’s, seizure, meningitis)
- Orthopedic injury or post-surgery rehabilitation
- Polyarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis
- Lung disorders (Pulmonary Rehabilitation)
Individualized Rehab Services
We work closely with each patient to bring together the specific therapies that will meet their rehabilitation goals, all focused on a return to maximum independence and quality of life. Our comprehensive rehabilitation services include:
- Physical therapy (PT)
- Occupational therapy (OT)
- Speech-language pathology (also called speech therapy or SLP)
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Dietary services
- Social Work
- Neuropsychological evaluation and treatments
- Respiratory therapy
- Pastoral support
How Our Rehab Program Works
Our rehab program centers on personalized attention and one-on-one care. We help our patients make the most of their progress by treating the whole person. Our three-tiered program involves:
- Using a comprehensive team of rehabilitation professionals
- Designing the most effective treatment and medical management program for your individual situation
- Involving your family in every phase of the treatment plan and process
Your team will include a Medical Doctor, Rehabilitation Nurses, Physical and Occupational Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Licensed Dieticians and Social Workers.
Each patient receives at least three hours of one-on-one therapy, five days per week.
Because we are located within Mainland Medical Center, the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center has 24-hour/7-day-a-week access to Imaging, Laboratory, Rapid Response Team, Telemetry, Dialysis, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Respiratory Support, Nursing and Physician Care.
Rehab Center Facilities
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Center is equipped with everything patients need on their journey to recovery, including:
- Training kitchen and bathroom
- Wii™ technology used in therapy
- Litegait® technology for physical therapy
- Saebo rehabilitation technology used for occupational therapy
- Mechanized lifting device
- Cognitive retraining
- Access to in-house diabetic and ostomy education services
- Assistive listening devices
Referrals & Admission Criteria
A number of care professionals can refer patients to the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Mainland Medical Center, including physicians, discharge planners, family, staff, case managers, social services professionals and third-party payors.
Once a patient is referred, a Clinical Liaison completes an onsite screening to determine the patient’s medical needs and appropriateness for Inpatient Rehabilitation. That criteria including having a qualifying diagnosis that requires 24-hour nursing care, and have the need for a coordinated intensive therapy program with two or more skilled rehabilitation therapies.
For patients meeting those criteria, transfers typically occur within 24-48 hours.
Tours of the Center are available. For information about the Admissions process or to schedule a tour, call (409) 938-5942.
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center accepts most forms of private insurance, as well as Medicare.
Find a Doctor
Looking for advanced rehabilitation services close to home? Search our doctors and schedule your appointment online: Search & Schedule