Mainland Medical Center has an exceptional group of volunteers, who are actively involved in supporting hospital services provided to patients. Our volunteer program provide an opportunity to serve, grow, learn, make new friends, exchange ideas and feel needed. Volunteers share their unique talents and skills in many areas of the hospital.
How do I Become a Volunteer?
It’s easy, and you’ll find it’s also very rewarding. Complete an application, and either mail/fax it back to the hospital, or return the completed form to the information desk. You can obtain an application one of three ways:
- At the Information Desk located in the hospital lobby
- At the Volunteer office, located in the Customer Service Department
- Download the form below and print it out at home
The completed for may be returned in person to the Information Desk.
Are There Any Benefits?
- Meeting new people
- Contributing to your community
- Making a difference in the lives of others
- Bringing joy to our patients and visitors
- Free meal per four-hour shift
- Bi-monthly luncheons with informative guest speakers
- Annual Volunteer Christmas Celebration
- Annual Volunteer Awards & Recognition Gala
In What Areas Do Volunteers Work?
- Information Desk-Main Lobby
- ICU Waiting Room
- Human Resources
- Outpatient Admitting
- Physical Therapy
- Complete application
- Attend three-hour orientation
- Review the Volunteer Handbook
- Receive a tour of the hospital
- Have a TB skin test
- Show a valid photo ID
- Wear a uniform during your shift